Use Prism to create a modular, decoupled UI.
Prism is designed to help you more easily build
completely modular Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and
Silverlight client applications.
How do you build line-of-business applications in Silverlight and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)—applications that can be maintained and extended over a period of years? How do you design and code to handle real-world complexity? Prism, from Microsoft patterns & practices, offers guidance, libraries and examples—in small, free-standing, digestible chunks—that you can use to tame the complexity.
Use DevForce to write the MVVM
With DevForce, you’ll be able to keep your UI layer completely independent from the logic and data layers. It won’t matter to the view where the data comes from, or from how many sources. If you need to completely swap out your data access layer, it’ll have virtually no effect on your UI!
Experience Prism and DevForce together with Prism Explorer
- Occasional connectivity - DevForce supports disconnected functionality and saves the cache to isolated storage.
- Data Access/Synchronization - Use the DevForce EntityManager with a Repository Pattern to manage n-tier data access.
- Asynchronous communication - DevForce handle the details of using multiple threads and merging the results into the UI.
- Application performance - The DevForce client-side cache saves trips to the server and makes your application incredibly responsive.
Download the code and see for yourself.
Further resources and learning.
- View Ward Bell’s Tech-Ed 2010 session: Building Modular Applications Using Microsoft Silverlight and WPF.
Need more help?
IdeaBlade Professional Services has real world experience delivering working business applications with Prism for WPF and Silverlight.
- Modularize your application and increase your development throughput
- Utilize MVVM to reuse code for Silverlight and WPF
- Maximize DevForce with a PersistenceContext Facade
- Utilize WPF Dependency and Attached Properties to Auto Populate UI Controls
Accelerate development with Prism and DevForce by contacting us.
Prism (Composite Client Application Guidance)
Prism is designed to help you more easily build modular Windows
Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Silverlight client applications.
These types of applications typically feature multiple screens, rich, flexible user interaction and data visualization, and role-determined behavior. They are "built to last" and "built for change." This means that the application's expected lifetime is measured in years and that it will change in response to new, unforeseen requirements. This application may start small and over time evolve into a composite client—composite applications use loosely coupled, independently evolvable pieces that work together in the overall application. Applications that do not demand these features and characteristics may not benefit from Prism.