The upgrade process for a major or minor release of DeveloperExpress is a little tricky. Here's the drill:
- Uninstall DeveloperExpress and re-install version 7.3.x. I see the latest DevEx version is 7.3.7, but I've only tested with 7.3.4. 7.3.7 should work OK too.
- If necessary, upgrade DevForce to a version that supports DevEx 7.3. The current DevForce version is 184.108.40.206 and supports DevEx 7.3.x.
- If you didn't upgrade DevForce, run the IdeaBlade Assembly Binding Redirector (from the Start->IdeaBlade DevForce->Tools menu).
- Run the Developer Express Project converter (from the Start->Developer Express->Tools menu). Point it at the top level CabanaDevExCS folder and let it convert everything it can find.
- Open the CabanaLib solution. In the IdeaBlade.Cab.DevEx project, remove the reference to IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.DevExpressControls.v7.2.x. Select Add References, then on the .NET tab, add a reference to IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.DevExpressControls.v7.3.3.
- Rebuild the CabanaLib solution.
- Open the CabanaDevExCS solution. In the Foundation project and all UI modules, replace references to IdeaBlade.UI.WinForms.DevExpressControls.7.2.x as above.
- Rebuild CabanaDevExCS.
- Repeat steps 4, 7, and 8 on each of your Cabana-based projects.
Upgrades for a point release (e.g., from 7.3.4 to 7.3.7) should require only steps 1-4.
This should get you moving.