Thanks for the quick replies.
(2) Indeed SQL Server side paging is where Iím referring to.
(1) Figured some sort of a workaround, but here are the steps to reproduce:
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the completed asp.datasource tutorial solution (vb)
2. Check whether the existing asp.datasources showing the correct entitytypes (True).
3. Add a new ShipperAdapterManager
5. Add a new aspdatasource to the DevForceWeb webform
6. When choosing the OrderAdapterManager (an existing one) in the configure datasource dialog the entity type shows "Order" in the properties of the aspDataSource.
7. If you choose The new Shipper Adapter Manager you get the following error in the aspdatasource entityproperty.
Could not load type 'Web.Model.ShipperAdapterManager' from assembly 'Web.Model, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
The strange part is after restarting visual studio or changing the assembly name of the aspdatasource to web.model (without the version etc.) it works.
My theory is that the assembly remains loaded in memory and restarting VS or changing the assemblyname helps.
ps. an dedicated asp forum would be appreciated.