The issue was that the Infrasctructure.Foundation.dll was not getting called. It was in the profilecatalog.xml file, so the question then was, why isn't the profilecatalog.xml file being read. I created the xml file from scratch and copied the basic structure from the Cabana app. At that point, I figured the CAB application will read it and run the assemblies once they were found. The problem was that the CAB could not find the profilecatalog.xml file. The reason was that the "Copy to Output Directory
" setting on the file was defaulted to "Do not copy." The setting needed to be "Copy if newer
." Once I changed this, the app ran as expected. The layout was loaded and my new module kicked in beautifully!
Wow...that took a long time to figure out. Boy, am I dense.