You cannot use the Injected Types dialog to make, for example, Order inherit from OrderBase and OrderBase inherit from BaseEntity. We stopped short of providing facilities to define multi-level inheritance stacks in the Injected Types dialog in order to keep the UI simple.
If you need to do the above, do the following:
Here is the relationship we are trying to establish:
Order -> OrderBase -> BaseEntity -> Entity, where -> signifies "inherits from"
1. Open the Injected Base Types dialog and create OrderBase and BaseEntity which both
inherit from Entity.
2. Make BaseEntity the default. Click OK to close the dialog.
3. Set Order to inherit from OrderBase.
4. Save and generate the model.
5. Manually change the OrderBase developer class to inherit from "BaseEntity" (originally it should inherit from Entity).
Edited by eileenv - 02-Jul-2009 at 5:44pm